Come join us to make God’s best dresses for girls in third world countries.
We have set new dates for 2015 for Dress A Girl Around the World Sew Days:
- Thursday, November 5, 2015
- Thursday, January 14, 2016
- Thursday, February 11, 2016
All sewing days meet from 4-8pm in Country Oaks Baptist Church’s Chapel.
Margo Amero will teach participants how to make the simple pillowcase dresses.
Please RSVP to Margo at 661.619.1493 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to come or want more information. Thanks.
- If you don’t like to sew, we are also accepting donations to help mail the dresses off. We completed around 200 dresses in 2013.
- There will be a potluck dinner, so bring a dish to share since we’ll be working through the dinner hour.
- Come for the whole time or an hour – whatever works for you.
- If you can’t come to the Sew Day but would like to make dresses, we’ll be collecting them for a couple of weeks after the sew date..
Supplies (Bring what you have, buy some new, or just come and sew!):
Equipment: Sewing machine and sewing supplies, extension cords, irons, ironing boards, cutting mats, rotary cutters, scissors, pins, etc.
For the Dresses: 1 yard pieces of 100% cotton fabric OR 3/4 yard and 1/4 yard for trim OR a bright colorful pillowcase (you can also bring contrast fabrics for pockets, trim, lace, ribbon if you want to embellish your dress), 1″ Double Fold Bias Tape (Quilting Binding), Elastic 1/2 inch. Margo has the labels for the dresses. Patterns are also available for download and printing from the website.
Hope you all can come and join in the fun.
ALL NEW – Dress a Dude!
Dress a Dude ministry (based in Santa Cruz, CA) was started because we wanted the BOYS in third world countries to feel the love of Jesus, and to know they are valued and important as well as the girls who receive a dress. We make shorts in all different sizes for the boys. If you don’t sew but would like to help, we need tee shirts so the boys will receive a complete outfit.
DONATIONS NEEDED: If anyone would like to be part of this wonderful ministry you can donate a colorful tee shirt, just drop it off to COBC.
Join us at our monthly meetings as we make shorts and dresses and enjoy fellowship, fun and blessings in serving others.