Women of the Bible Special Edition – The Three Women of Christmas
Join the Tuesday night Women of the Bible Study for a three week study of: Elizabeth, Mary and Anna. Dates are December 5, 12 & 19. A limited supply of Women of Christmas books is available in the church office for $10. Need more info? Talk to Angi Wiggins in the church office.
Come Tuesdays at 6pm for a study of Women of the Bible. Leader will be Angi Wiggins and Co-Leader will be Sherry Barnett. Each Tuesday evening will include Fellowship, Prayer, and Reading the stories of the Women of the Bible straight out of the Bible (chronologically starting with Eve.) Please order your workbook online. See below for book cover.
Entrusted Bible Study – Winter 2018
Starting Friday, January 19 @ 9:30am – Childcare is available.
Learn To Guard What God Has Entrusted To You
We were never meant to take this journey of faith alone or in secret. God has entrusted us with the great and mighty gift of the gospel, something too precious and life-giving to keep to ourselves.
In this 6-session Bible study, Beth will encourage you to guard what God has entrusted to you, further His kingdom by sharing Christ with others, and pour into future generations just as Paul once mentored Timothy. Because in this journey of joy and hardship, we need each other to stay the course and live lives of faithfulness.
- Biblically-rooted and gospel-centered content
- Interactive teaching videos (approximately one hour per session)
- Leader material available with guides to questions and discussion with small groups
- Beth’s recitation of 2 Timothy to encourage Scripture memorization
- 5 personal study segments with homework to complete between 6 weeks of group sessions
- Additional articles by Melissa Moore, Beth’s daughter and ministry partner, included
Friday Mornings –
Finding I AM
How Jesus Fully Satisfies the Cry of Your Heart by Lysa Terkeurst
What is the deep cry of your heart? The ache in your soul that keeps you up at night? The prayer you keep repeating? Jesus not only cares about this deep, spiritual wrestling, but He also wants to step in and see you through it. Join Lysa TerKeurst on the streets of Israel to explore the seven I AM statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John. Through this interactive, in-depth study we will be trading feelings of emptiness and depletion for the fullness of knowing who Jesus is like never before.
- Find freedom in difficult circumstances by learning how to shift from “slave mentality” to “set free mentality”
- Discover how Jesus is the key to satisfaction by learning the crucial significance behind each of His I AM statements
- Trade feelings of emptiness for the fullness of knowing who Jesus is
- Grow in biblical literacy with this exploration of the Gospel of John
Fridays at 9:30am in the Chapel. Childcare. Books $15. Study starts September 8.
Women of the Bible
Come Tuesdays at 6pm starting September 12, 2017. Leader will be Angi Wiggins and Co-Leader will be Sherry Barnett. Each Tuesday evening will include Fellowship, Prayer, and Reading the stories of the Women of the Bible straight out of the Bible (chronologically starting with Eve.) Please order your workbook online. See below for book cover.
Tuesday Evening Women’s Bible Study – October 31, 2017
Halloween Night @ 6pm in the Discipleship Place
“The Witch of Endor” – 1 Samuel 28
(and Rizpah – 2 Samuel 21)
For Women – Summer Study
The Women’s Ministry will be offering “A Woman Who Doesn’t Quit: 5 Habits from the Book of Ruth” by Nicki Koziarz a 6 week Bible Study DVD series on Fridays at 9:30am in the chapel starting June 16. Workbook – $13 (now available). Sign up in the church office or just come to the study.
Bridal Shower Invitation – Ladies, you are invited to join us for a potluck bridal shower celebrating Jesica Mendez on Saturday, August 5, 2017 at noon in the chapel. Bring your favorite food to share (with the recipe). Jesica is registered at myregistry.com and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Please RSVP to 822-1353
Wedding Invitation – Ralph & Debi Mendez request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter, Jesica Hope to Ethan Eugene Thompson on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 11:30am at Country Oaks Baptist Church. Reception to follow. Please RSVP no later than August 1, 2017 to Debi Mendez at 822-1353 or email@example.com
The Women’s Ministry will be offering “A Woman Who Doesn’t Quit: 5 Habits from the Book of Ruth” by Nicki Kouziarz – a 6 week Bible Study DVD series on Fridays at 9:30am in the chapel starting June 16. Workbook – $13 (available soon). Sign up Sundays May 28 and June 4 in the Worship Center.
Our Current Bible Study
The moment you accept Jesus as the Lord over your life, you are redeemed. As the redeemed, we experience a lifelong journey of being transformed into HIs image. As redeemed women, we grow in the grace of Christ, and He calls us to extend grace to others.
In this 7-session Bible study (we’ll be taking 2 weeks on each lesson), Angela Thomas-Pharr explores the practical side of redemption, inviting us to lean upon Jesus for our real help and hope.
· “40 Days of Prayer” section to help women practically apply the concept of ongoing redemption to their lives
· Desire to fully live the life of the redeemed
· Welcome change as God slowly transforms you into His image
· Increase your passion for God’s Word
· Apply redemption to your life in practical ways
· Learn alongside other women and support each other through prayer and small group community
· Learn to lean upon Jesus for your real help and hope
Video titles and run times:
- Session 1: Redeemed from Sashes and Chains (20:10)
- Session 2: Redeemed for a Life with God (28:35)
- Session 3: Redeemed for the Praise of His Glory (36:55)
- Session 4: Redeemed for Grace (38:10)
- Session 5: Redeemed for Freedom (32:00)
- Session 6: Redeemed for Joy (42:00)
- Session 7: Redeemed for Love (30:20)
Angela Thomas-Pharr is a Bible teacher, national speaker, and best-selling author of books and Bible studies that include Stronger and Brave. As a mother of four, her determination to know God on an intimate level and her dedication to studying the Bible have taught her many truths—some discovered through tears and some in times of joy. Angela has the uncanny ability to be transparent, make readers laugh, and whisper to them about their most personal fears and heartfelt dreams. Visit her at http://www.angelathomas.com
Redeemed Study is Fridays at 9:30am in the Chapel. Childcare. Starts January 13, 2017. There is no Winter Wednesday evening study.