Encouragement from a magazine article:
I really love this mentality…
Rule 1: Renew Your Vows Daily
Start each morning anew, and recommit to sticking to the plan one day at a time, day after day. That helps you keep the energy and motivation that you always bring to a new project…and that can fizzle out once you see how challenging your undertaking is.
As you get out of bed, repeat this mantra: “I am going to follow my plan for the next 24 hours” — and remind yourself of the reasons you want to get healthy and lose weight.
Encouragement from THE book:
Lamentations 3:22-24 (NLT) The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”
Matthew 6:33-34 (NIV) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Note to self:
I saw this true saying hanging on the wall at my friend Mary’s house: “Nothing tastes better than being skinny feels.” Now if I can only remember to recite it when I’m thinking about eating a Snickers bar.
It reminds of an old hymn “I Need Thee Every Hour” – with me, I think I’d have to sing “I Need Thee Every Minute.”
Refrain: “I need Thee, O I need Thee; Every hour I need Thee; O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee”
- I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord; No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
- I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby; Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.
- I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain; Come quickly and abide, or life is in vain.
- I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will; And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.
- I need Thee every hour, most Holy One; O make me Thine indeed, Thou blessèd Son.
originally published on July 20, 2013 – theWordchick.com