Sign up on Sundays in the Worship Center for one of our Fall Bible Studies
- Women’s Bible Study Kickoff Potluck – We’ll kick off our Fall Friday morning study on September 5 at 9:30am with an End of Summer Salad Potluck. Please bring a salad to share. Childcare is available. All women are welcome to come!
- Women’s Bible Study: On Friday mornings starting September 12 at 9:30am in the chapel we will be offering The Peacemaking Church’s “Living the Gospel in Relationships” by Tara Barthel. The workbook is $10. Childcare is available. See more information below.
- Women’s Bible Study: On Wednesday evenings, Jody Irwin will be leading the Precepts study starting Part 1 of Hebrews at 6pm on September 3 in Room 202. The workbooks will be $25. AWANA is available for children age 3 and up.
- Moms in Prayer – Join other moms in praying for your children, their teachers and schools. This year we have two groups meeting at COBC. Jennifer Whitney (661.557.5135)will lead a Moms in Prayer group for Homeschool Moms/Valley Oaks Charter School on Tuesdays at 1:30pm. Jennifer Sterk (661.972.5688) will lead a Moms in Prayer for Golden Hills School on Thursdays at 9:15am in the Choir/Conference Room.
- MOPS – Mothers of Preschoolers – Moms with kids ages 5 & under: Find friendship, encouragement and fellowship! You are invited to join fellow moms and preschoolers at Tehachapi MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) the first Tuesday of each month starting September 2, 2014 at 9:00am at Christian Life Assembly Church, 920 Valley Blvd. Childcare is provided. www.mops.org or like our Facebook page “Tehachapi Mops” for more info!
- There’s a FREE Local Women’s Retreat put on by Tehachapi Praying Moms called “Refresh, Rejuvenate, Refocus” on Saturday, August 23 from 9am-3pm at Christian Life Assembly. Call 661.827.7601 to reserve.
Living the Gospel in Relationships
Many Christian women struggle to live out what they believe.
While in their heads they know they are saved by grace, in their hearts they often feel distant from God and burdened by guilt.
They have a nagging sense of not being “good enough,” and the striving that results leaves little room for either peace or joy. They often feel the need to perform to earn the love of God and the love of others. In turn, their relationships with others often reflect this same performance mentality.
To top it off, as they face these struggles and difficult relationships, they sometimes feel utterly alone.
In the Peacemaking Church Women’s Study: Living the Gospel in Relationships, Tara Barthel brings the hope of the gospel to these issues of the heart. Tara unpacks how the gospel frees Christians from a performance-based mentality with God and others—helping women to remember anew God’s grace, and from that place of abundant love, learn how to give that same grace to others.
Throughout the eight 40-minute video sessions, Tara ties the power of the gospel to the biblical and practical principles of peacemaking:
Session 1: What It Means to Live the Gospel
Session 2: The Gap between What I Believe and How I Live
Session 3: My Real Problem Is …
Session 4: Real Hope for Lasting Change
Session 5: A Biblical Response to Conflict
Session 6: Repenting and Confronting
Session 7: Forgiveness and Mercy
Session 8: Relationships that Show the World Jesus
If you are interested in a women’s study that digs deep into Scripture and gets to the heart of our relational struggles–both vertical and horizontal–then please join the women studying the Peacemaking Church Women’s Study. You’ll be encouraged. You’ll be challenged. And most of all, you’ll see how the gospel is your hope in all of life, particularly in your relationships.
See more at: Peacemaking Women